Thursday, September 29, 2016

On submission: RUTH

I recently submitted my newest manuscript, a Biblical novel based on Ruth's story from the Book of Ruth. This is my submission letter to my publisher:


Dear ***,

I’m excited to submit my Biblical novel, RUTH, for your consideration. The manuscript is complete at about 70,000 words and follows the story of Ruth and her mother-in-law Naomi, as they face family tragedy together. Ruth leaves behind everything she knows in the land of Moab when she vows to return with Naomi to Bethlehem and take care of her. When they reach Bethlehem, destitute and troubled, Ruth works day and night to provide for Naomi. The kindness and generosity of their kinsman Boaz becomes a great blessing when Ruth is allowed to glean in his fields. As Ruth gets to know Boaz, she finds that her broken heart is starting to heal in ways she had never imagined. But when Ruth is faced with redeeming Naomi’s inheritance, Ruth may have to give up the last piece of her heart in order to forever secure their future.

I hope you enjoy the story, and I look forward to hearing from you.

All my best,
Heather Moore

No comments: