Sunday, December 2, 2007

First Stage

Yes, I'm still here.

Just editing my WIP. That's what I'll be doing for the next 3-4 weeks (intermingled with everything else going on with the holiday season).

I read through my first draft over the weekend. I was pretty nervous . . . what if I didn't like it? Well, I found myself really enjoying it, until the end. The last few chapters just sort of fell flat. Maybe it was because I was extremely tired when reading them, or maybe they are flat.

This week I need to get the research holes fixed. Then I'll send the manuscript to a couple of readers.

Hopefully by Christmas it will be shaped enough to turn it into the publisher. While the publisher has it, I'll continue to work on some things, like fine-tuning research items, the Preface, and the chapter notes.

Onward and upward.

No comments: