Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Reviewers Needed: Christ's Gifts to Women


2/6/12 update: I have all the review book assigned. Thanks, everyone!

February is finally here, which means only one month until the release of Christ's Gifts to Women. I'm very excited to offer this book to reviewers. When Angela Eschler contacted me Fall 2010 and asked if I was interested in co-authoring with her, I was very honored. But I didn't want to commit unless I felt that I could be a contributor and the project would be something I was passionate about.

When I read Angela's introduction, I knew it would be a perfect fit. We submitted the book in November 2010, and it will be 16 months from submission to the time it hits stores. When you get the book in the mail, you'll understand why. The book is a work of art. Literally. There are 25 paintings/illustrations throughout the 37-page gift book.

Just to give you a flavor of the text . . . in The Gift of Mercy chapter, in discussing the New Testament story of the woman taken in adultery, we learn that after all the accusers have left, "Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst" (John 8:9).

We can compare this to our lives: "The implications of this detail are thought-provoking. Like our sister who was left alone, we stand in our daily courtrooms with no one but Christ. In spite of the many self-appointed juries in our mortal sphere who may heap harsh judgments upon us, we too are 'left alone' with the only Judge who matters. And He is a merciful judge. He, our only legitimate accuser, does not condemn" (Christ's Gifts to Women, 2).

You can also see sample pages on Deseret Book's website.

I'm currently seeking 15 reviewers who are willing to read a copy (will be mailing beginning of March) and take the time to also post a review.

If you are interested, please email me: heather (at) hbmoore (dot) com

I'll send you the details once I get your email.

6 comments:

C. LaRene Hall said...

Heather - this book sounds wonderful and I would love to review it and post it on my blog. My email is connie.s.hall@comcast.net

Colleen said...

Count me in, it sounds like an inspiring book! Do you still need my address? Let me know :)

Heather Moore said...

Yes, I still have your address. Thanks, Colleen!

Why Not? Because I Said So! said...

I would love to at both blogs. I just sent you an e-mail. Thanks!

Mormon Mormon Writers said...

Count me in anytime, Heather! -- Nikki

Dedee said...

My readership is low on my blog, but I would be happy to put it on Facebook as well. ddfreestone@gmail.com