Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Most Excellent Books of 2008

With the economy tight and everyone watching their budgets closely, I thought I'd share with you the many excellent books I've read (and given away copies of) in 2008. Books make the perfect gift since there are so many to choose from and most of them you can buy for under $15.00. Also, I just realized that ALL of these books are eligible to be nominated for a Whitney Award. Deadline is December 31, 2008. For a complete list for eligible books, visit LDS Publisher blog. I still have more books on my to-read list, so stay tuned.

Her Good Name by Josi Kilpack. I reviewed it here:

*Recommended to teens and women


The 13th Reality by James Dashner. I reviewed it here:

*Recommended to 10 and up (my kids have read this more than once)


Recovering Charles by Jason Wright. I reviewed it here:

*Recommend to teenagers & adults


Dragon Flight by Jessica Day George (sequel to Dragon Slippers). My review is pending.

*Recommend to kids 10 and up (enjoyable for adults as well)


Far World by J. Scott Savage. I reviewed it here:

*Recommended to kids 10 and up (my 11 year old daughter LOVED this)


Grace by Richard Paul Evans. I reviewed it here:

*Recommended to men and women


A Modest Proposal by Michele Ashman Bell. My review is pending.

*Recommended to teenagers and women


The Ruby by Jennie Hansen. My review is pending.

*Recommended to teenagers and adults


All's Fair by Julie Coulter Bellon. You can read my review here:

*Recommended to teenagers and adults

2 comments:

James Dashner said...

Wow, Heather, I'm honored! Thank you.

Josi said...

Thanks Heather, what a thrill to be in company such as these people! Thanks much.