Saturday, March 22, 2008

2007 Whitney Award Winner--Best Historical





Shocked? Me too.

Tonight I won a prestigious award in the LDS community--Land of Inheritance was voted as Best Historical for 2007.

Other Whitney Award Winners include:

Michele Paige Holmes (Counting Stars)--Best Romance
Shannon Hale (Book of a Thousand Days)--Best Speculative
Brandon Mull (Fablehaven 2)--Best Childrens/YA
Josi Kilpack (Sheep's Clothing)--Best Suspense
Jessica Day George (Dragon Slippers)--Best New Author
Coke Newell (On the Road to Heaven)--Best Novel of the Year

Congrats! I'm honored to be counted among so many great writers who I truly admire.

To read about the whole evening--play by play--visit the official Whitney Awards Blog.

Below is Michele Paige Holmes, me and Annette Lyon (all in my critique group).


9 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Woo Hooooo, Heather!
Congrats!

Josi said...

Big congrats, Heather--what a night!

Karlene said...

Congratulations Heather. That was great.

Michele Holmes said...

Heather,
Congratulations! This is your year, woman. You're hitting the big time with an agent and getting the recognition you deserve for all your hard work. As I said in the class I taught yesterday . . . research really pays off in bringing a book to life. Your books have brought the scriptures to life for so many. I'm so happy for you.

Julie Wright said...

Congratulations!!!! I am thrilled for you in every way!

Annette Lyon said...

Congratulations!!! I always said there is no other person I'd rather lose to. You rock!

Kevin Wasden said...

Congratulations, Heather!

Janette Rallison said...

You did a great job at conference and congrats on the award!

What a wonderful weekend!

Jenna said...

Congratulations! What an honor! And I'm sure it's just the beginning for you.