Friday, August 24, 2007

One More Week

My fourth book will be out in one more week. Eight days, give or take. A few years ago, I would have been very surprised to think I could have four books published. So what am I doing? Making lists.

Bookmarks. Check.
Website updated. Check.
Press releases sent out. Check.
Several reviews on their way. Check.
Coordinating booksignings. Check.

And most importantly:
Writing a new book. Check.

In fact, I wrote 2,300 words today in my new series, and I feel like I'm back to my old self. Just writing for the fun of it. The first draft is the best. After that, it's all work (but still has its highlights).

It will be exciting to see my new book on the shelves. I'll be calling the bookstores every day and asking if it's in yet (this is old news to them). Then I'll be rushing over to buy a copy. Yes, I get some author copies from my publisher, but there's nothing cooler than buying a book that YOU wrote. Well, at least the first time it comes out. After that, it's just another promotional expense.

I'll post the reviews here as they trickle in, so you won't have to wait in suspense.

Meanwhile, back to writing.

5 comments:

Julie Wright said...

YAY! I loved all of the series, but this one is by far my favorite. You are an amazing writer and so it is with great joy I watch your book come out!

Annette Lyon said...

Exciting (if somewhat exhausting) list! Congrats on #4!

Maria Zannini said...

First of all, congrats on the new book!

2nd: I couldn't find an email addy for you, but if you'll email me I can send you more info on Maya's query lecture.
writingweb (at) verizon.net

The email address is also on my blog.
-maria

Unknown said...

Congratulations! The book hitting the shelves, the fourth in her Out of Jerusalem series, is amazing. I absolutely loved it! Of course, I reached new levels of disgust and anger with Laman and Lemuel. Someone once told me I should try and see it from their point of view. To which I replied . . . well, I can't remember exactly what I replied, but it was very witty, I can assure you.

Heather Moore said...

Thanks everyone! It's nice to see it in print... finally. But then the anxiety over sales, neverending, I guess.